Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Review: Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Darkly Dreaming Dexter 
by Jeff Lindsey
Read by Jeff Lindsey
Published by Recorded Books
Released July 2004
Purchased through audible.com







From Goodreads: 

 Meet Dexter Morgan, a polite wolf in sheep’s clothing. He’s handsome and charming, but something in his past has made him abide by a different set of rules. He’s a serial killer whose one golden rule makes him immensely likeable: he only kills bad people. And his job as a blood splatter expert for the Miami police department puts him in the perfect position to identify his victims. But when a series of brutal murders bearing a striking similarity to his own style start turning up, Dexter is caught between being flattered and being frightened–of himself or some other fiend. 

 My Thoughts:

I haven't been a die hard follower of the Showtime Series only because I don't want to pay for it. But I did really like what I saw and so I sought out the books. I listed to the first one and I have to say I was kinda disappointed. It wasn't horrible, but I don't know that I could recommend it to anyone. There was just something about the POV that I had trouble getting into, and much the way I wanted to slap the 'inner goddess' in 50 Shades of Grey, I was tired of 'the dark passenger' in this book. I may go on to listen to the second book later to see if they get better. But I won't be in a hurry.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Barnes&Noble.com